You’ve seen this commercial before, right?
“I’m a security monitor. I notify people when there’s a robbery.”” strings_font_size=”desktop:22px;”]
When it comes to your Windows software-defined data center, don’t you wish you could have a monitoring system that was simple and effective, and yet give you insights into your hyper-converged systems, networking and storage?
Currently the only way to get to get this kind of insight is to write your own PowerShell script. But that’s hardly simple or easy to write.
That’s why we developed MUST, our management utility software tool.
DataON will host a webinar on MUST on Thursday, February 23 at 10 am Pacific Time. With speakers from DataON, Microsoft and Western Digital, we’ll show you:
- How DataON MUST visibility and monitoring tool helps you manage your Windows Server 2016 software-defined storage
- How Storage Spaces Direct in Windows Server 2016 allows you to build software-defined storage using Microsoft-certified industry-standard server with local storage
Leveraging the open Windows Storage Management API (SM-API), MUST provides multiple tiers of storages visibility and monitoring:
- SDDC & Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Tier: With the initial focus on storage monitoring and visibility, MUST provides system level information for performance, capacity, hardware inventory and faults/alerts. With MUST you will have a dashboard level view of your operational visibility, analytics, infrastructure health management, storage systems metrics and event logging insights.
- Systems and Storage Services Audit Log Tier: At the systems and storage services audit level we provide the detailed logging level visibility for events to perform root cause analysis and export analytics source data.
- Hyper-Converged Cluster Appliance/Node Tier: At the hyper-converged cluster appliance (HCCA) node level MUST provides a deep level of visibility and management. At this tier it provides pools, volume and device level performance, health and operational analytics for the HCI cluster. This enables you to provide proactive systems maintenance and understand requirements for workload migrations.
- SAN-like Call Home Service Support: Windows Administrator can now have automated email alerts sent to key contacts based on the Health Services Faults in Windows Server 2016. You can also leverage SNMP traps for 3rd party monitoring including disk and hardware replacements.
The best part about MUST is that it will be included with all DataON storage for Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct (S2D). No more PowerShell scripts to write!
Yes, now you CAN have that DataON monitor that will alert you when there’s trouble in your Microsoft SDDC.
VP of Sales and Marketing
Director, Strategic Partner Ecosystems