Mead & Hunt is an engineering and architectural firm that was looking for a software-defined storage (SDS) solution for its production and disaster recovery data centers. Named one of the fastest growing firms in its sector, the firm now has 30 offices nationwide, with over 500 employees. This growth has increased the need for more efficient and higher performing data centers to meet the company’s current and future data demands.
Mead & Hunt was dealing with ongoing issues from their traditional storage area network (SAN):
- Frequent disk failures
- Increasing SAN maintenance costs
- Expensive management, maintenance, and licensing fees
- Limited physical space to house additional storage
After researching the market, Mead & Hunt decided on a DataON and Microsoft solution. Their new Windows Server 2016 SDS Hyper-V cluster solution provides:
- Simplified Windows SDS management compared to traditional SANs
- Reduced eco-footprint and rack space to stay within their data center’s physical space
- Lower costs on management, maintenance, and licensing fees
- Integration with Mead & Hunt’s existing Cisco equipment
Read more about how DataON helped Mead & Hunt reduce OPEX and CAPEX costs, while greatly improving performance.
Comments are closed.