Did you miss our Q4 Webinar on What’s New and What’s Next in Windows Server 2019 with Microsoft and Intel? Well… fear not, IT Heroes! Below is a brief & concise summary, along with YouTube timestamps, so you can jump right to whatever piques your interest:
- Cosmos starts; HCI rapidly growing [3:52]
- What’s new for HCI in Windows Server 2019 [11:16]
- Deduplication and compression [11:59]
- Scale up to 4PB per cluster [18:42]
- Nested resiliency aka RAID 5+1 [22:57]
- Nested resiliency for Storage Spaces Direct – NEW Microsoft doc!
- Full support for persistent memory [29:58]
- Currently *only* available on S2D HCI
- MSFT Blog about new IOPS record w/PMEM
- Built-in performance history [33:25]
- Deeper visibility for drive behavior [39:31] – NEW!
- Intel Optane Technology w/ Alessandro Goncalves [48:48]
- What is Intel 3D XPoint technology (Intel Optane technology brand)? [50:00]
- Is Intel Optane technology memory or storage? [54:06]
- Both! Can mix-and-match.
- Use as cache or memory (in DIMM form factor)
- Count IOPS in millions… breaking barriers today with NVMe [58:44]
- Intel Optane DC NVMe P4800X – is Available Today
- Putting it all together [59:45]
Boy, Alessandro and Cosmos sure did a stellar job! I think the whole webinar can be summarized with this one quote from Cosmos:
“Storage Spaces Direct gets better for
everyone in Windows Server 2019”
Questions? Comments? Let us know at: email@example.com