Howard on Hybrid Cloud: DataON Announces New Integrated Systems for Azure Stack HCI Powered by 3rd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors.
In the past few weeks DataON announced its Integrated Systems for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI. DataON Integrated Systems combine Intel® technology and Azure Stack HCI to provide a powerful platform for data center modernization. These new solutions are comprised of DataON server nodes, which are powered by 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
DataON AZS Integrated Systems with 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors provide a balanced architecture with built-in acceleration and advanced security capabilities, designed for the most in-demand workload requirements. Through partnership with the world’s software leaders and solution providers, they are optimized for trusted enterprise virtualization, remote or branch office and edge, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), high performance Microsoft SQL Server and delivering cloud app on-premises with Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) for Azure Stack HCI.
DataON has always been one of the leading partners for the latest Microsoft software-defined solutions with the latest Intel technologies. The combination of Azure Stack HCI with the new 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors brings together the best software and hardware capabilities to create an incredibly flexible, scalable, and high-performing infrastructure for customers.
- Up to 42% more processors, 1.46x performance increase, 1.74x higher AI inference performance
- 6x memory bandwidth improvement and more platform I/O with PCIe Gen 4
- 33% more lanes with PCIe Gen 4
- Up to 12TB memory per platform 32% higher memory bandwidth
- Supports new next-generation Intel® Optane™ SSDs with 4x greater IOPS versus PCIe Gen 3
- Supports new Intel® QLC NVMe SSDs with up to 1PB storage in 1U servers
- Supports up to 200Gbps RDMA network speed for incredible HCI fabric
- Secure everything, everywhere for data, apps, and platforms
- Accelerate data protection with up to 1.48x encryption performance
- Improve data confidentiality with secure enclaves with Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX)
- Full memory encryption with Intel Total Memory Encryption
- Advanced firmware protection with Intel Platform Firmware Resilience
From our initial benchmark testing, the 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® platform delivers 30% more overall solution performance versus previous generation of platform, leveraging new PCIe Gen 4 technology.
Azure Stack HCI Benchmark: 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor platform versus 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor platform
DataON’s AZS-6112 with 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors outperformed customers 1,2,3 and 4 with 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors for all tests. The speed of the CPUs was not factored in.
- Random workloads per core (IOPS / total number of cores)
- Sequential workloads per drive (MB/s /total number of capacity drives)
VM Fleet Performance Report for AZS-6112-CLUS Test with 4-Nodes, 3-way Mirror, VM Fleet Report
|Hardware Information (per Node)||Additional Information|
|Processor:||2x Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6346 CPU @ 3.10GHz
|RDMA:||2x NVIDIA Mellanox ConnectX-6 DX Dual Port QSFP56 100GbE||Interleave Size:||256KB (default)|
|NVMe SSD:||12x Intel P5510 3.8TB||Capacity/Volume:||5TB|
|NVMe SSD:||None||Total Usable Capacity:||20.10TB|
|SATA SSD:||None||Date of Benchmark:||07/04/2021|
|SAS HDD:||None||Operating System:||Microsoft Azure Stack HCI|
|Number of VMs created:||32||CSV Cache||Disabled|